Explore the mysteries of the past!
Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes & even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery and usually teeming with aquatic life.
The fun part of the PADI Wreck Diver course is visiting wrecks, unlocking mysteries and starting to gain the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others overlook. Sometimes, only the trained, experienced eye recognizes that a small hole or open door likely caused the vessel’s demise.
- PADI Adventure Diver, PADI Junior Adventure Diver or equivalent
- Minimum age 15
What You Will Learn
The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving. You will learn …
- Techniques for diving & exploring shipwrecks
- How to avoid common hazards
- How to research and learn the background of your favorite wrecks
- Wreck diving equipment considerations
- Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
- Gain experience in planning, organizing and making wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Wreck Diver Instructor
To achieve certification, you will need to:
- Complete the PADI Wreck Diver eLearning.
- Complete (4) Wreck Diver training dives with a PADI Wreck Diver Instructor.