Sharpen your dive skills, step up to the challenge!
Sometimes it’s just necessary, practical or convenient to dive alone. Be prepared. Enhance your skills, become more confident, enjoy the extra safety of a redundant gas supply, time for underwater photography or just the peace & quiet of being underwater.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum of 100 logged dives
- Successfully complete a dive skills assessment
What You Will Learn
Develop the skills for planning & carrying out dives without a partner when preferred or necessary and sharpen skills of diving self-reliance, making you a stronger partner in a dive pair or team. During the PADI Self-Reliant Diver course, you will learn:
Purpose & philosophy of self-reliant diving
- Using redundant gas sources
- Calculating your Surface Air Consumption (SAC) rate and its use in dive planning
- Self-rescue & dealing with dive emergencies
- Deploying a lift bag or SMB
PADI Self-Reliant Diver specialty course certification training is typically conducted with a classroom session, followed by open water training dives.
To achieve certification, you will need to:
- Participate in the classroom training session and complete the Self-Reliant Diver Knowledge Review provided by your instructor.
- Complete (3) Self-Reliant Diver training dives with a PADI Self-Reliant Diver Instructor.